Re: [Gnump3d-users] Any French users out there?

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Any French users out there?
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:02:54 +0100

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 07:44:43AM +0100, Kevin Reilly wrote:

> My French is piss-poor so I'll be no help with a general translation,
> but those ?s look like accented e characters (8-bit) that have been
> forced through a system with only 7-bit resolution, possibly a mail
> relay.

  Yes that sounds about right.  Frustratingly when I try to edit the
 text it's all like that, but I noticed that when viewing the file
 in Mozilla it reads OK.

  I found a volunteer to help me do the actual checking although
 it looks like it's just an encoding problem so it'll be resolved
 soon.

> Was the document e-mailed to you as ASCII? If so try asking the author
> to zip the text and send it again as an attachment.

  That's a good idea, thanks!

Steve