Re: [Gnump3d-users] Bug+Request

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Bug+Request
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:43:47 +0100

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:23:22PM -0400, Boris Kurktchiev wrote:

> Ever since I updated to 2.7 I am no longer able to use Custom Playlist to
> create my own playlists. I have not changed my config at all from 2.6 to cvs
> to 2.7 (I have not tried current cvs but I might give it a whirl in a sec).
> Is this a known bug or what? Now as far as the request goes, is it possible
> to get a random playlist based on the current directory you are in? This is
> something that I would love if gnump3d had. BTW I would like you to know that
> gnump3d + 40,000 song collection ROCKS :).

  Known bug which will be fixed when I gain CVS commit access tomorrow
 when I return from Durham.

  I have an entirely new custom playlist which works *properly* which
 I've been variously promising different people.

  As for random in current directory  it sounds like a nice idea which
 would be trivial to implement, but I'd worry that it only makes sense
 for largely populated directories.  For small ones (album sized) it
 might look too cluttered.

  Do you have any thoughts on that?  A cutoff seems natural, but might
 be confusing .. some people seeing it, some not ..

Steve