Re: [Gnump3d-users] changing the file extension

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] changing the file extension
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:08:14 +0100

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:04:49AM +0200, Mark Schouten wrote:

> He probably means that he cannot open m3u-files through a proxy at his
> work, by means of company-policy. He is now looking for ways to fool the
> proxy. :)

  Ahhhh that'd make sense.

> Since he cannot open mp3-files either, that will not help..
>
> A `grep` tell's me the following:
>
> settopbox:~# grep -n m3u /usr/bin/gnump3d
> 2068:           my $rec  = "<a
> href=\"${link}recurse.m3u\">$play_rec</a>";
> 2506:      $suffix = ".m3u";
> 2669:        $banner .= " | <a href=\"$dir/recurse.m3u\">$play_rec</a>";
>
> That means (I think) that if you change these 'm3u' into something else,
> that tha MIGHT work. But, Steve is tha mastah, so maybe he can confirm.
> :)

  Several places would need changing to make it seemless, but ultimately
 it's going to fail.

  If you could change m3u -> pls for example, you would be able to
 download playlists, but the songs referenced inside would be
 unviewable.

  The only obvious option is to convert the music to a different,
 supported, format such as OGG Vorbis files, however a sufficiently
 clued admin  (such as me ;) would block those too...

Steve
---
Edinburgh System Administrator : Linux, UNIX, Windows
Looking for an interesting job : http://www.steve.org.uk/