[Gnump3d-users] Difficulty in getting gnump3 to work on the internet

From: JR Ong
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Difficulty in getting gnump3 to work on the internet
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:13:11 +0100

Greetings
I am running Fedora 2 Linux on my machine and just got myself an ADSL
connection. I downloaded and installed gnump3d in my machine and everything
works fine if I access it as http://localhost:8888 from my machine.

However, I want to serve up music on the web. I have a local firewall as well
as a firewall on my router. I set up my router to open port 8888 in its
firewall, as well as to do NAT for my PC. When I probed it using an external
portscanner like grc.com, I found that port 8888 was open. However, it
refused a connection when I typed in my router IP address (accessible to the
world):8888. When I shut down gnump3d, the port 8888 appeared "closed" on the
external scanner, so it appears that it is doing something. What do I need to
enable in my gnump3d.conf file to get it to work outside?

I've already set my hostname=hostname of my router on the www, but it still
doesn't work. Do I also need to set the binding_address? Everything else is
set to default values.

Thanks for any assistance, (I'm a newbie at all this).
Jin

--
J.R Ong
address@hidden || http://www.artemisworks.plus.com

 "Pleasure disappoints, possibility never."
    - Soren Kierkegaard