[Gnump3d-users] Windows Specific Configuration Settings

From: Art Beall
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Windows Specific Configuration Settings
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 03:21:34 +0000

I am not posting a question. I just wanted to get this into the mailing list so others might benefit. Please note that the below configuration problems are windows specific only.

I installed gnump3d with almost no problem. However, I could not get the statistics to work from the web interface. To solve the problem I finally uncommented out and edited two lines in the gnump3d.conf.win file. The two lines to uncomment and edit are:
    index_program = /usr/bin/gnump3d-index
    stats_program = /usr/bin/gnump3d-top
They should be something like below (path should match your windows setup):
    index_program = C:/gnump3d2/bin/gnump3d-index
    stats_program = C:/gnump3d2/bin/gnump3d-top

One other thing that kind of confused me and caused a problem with the music files not streaming was the "root" setting in the gnump3d.conf.win file. I mistakenly typed in:
    root = C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Music
instead of:
    root = C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/My Music

This happened from cutting and pasting the path from a command prompt.

Like I said above these configuration "gotchas" are Windows specific but will hopefully save other people some debugging time.

Get tips for maintaining your PC, notebook accessories and reviews in Technology 101.