[Gnump3d-users] 'hostname' ignored

From: Bernd Gauweiler
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] 'hostname' ignored
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 09:04:06 +0000

People,
Pardon a newbie question. I run gnump3d (gnump3d2 2.63 (2003/02/03)) and love it, but find it seems to ignore the 'hostname' setting; URLs seem to report the machine's IP address rather than the dynamic DNS name specified via 'hostname'. I can see that the server recognized my config file correctly from the server status output on the bug report page.

I find a record in the project change log

<changelog>
V 0.9.9.2:
-  Avoided reading the 'Hostname:' from client requests, if this
	   is not equal to our server hostname bad things are afoot - the
	   server hostname may be explicitly set by the configuration entry
	   'binding_host' option anyway.
</changelog>

Not sure if this is related to my problem at all, though. Any thoughts?
Bernd

P.S. My sincere apologies in case you get this as a duplicate - human hiccup in previous send attempt