[Gnump3d-users] password-protection for special URLs

From: Bernd Gauweiler
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] password-protection for special URLs
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 14:48:01 +0000

I guess each newbie has 3 freebies, so here's my third one:

How do I password-protect the special URLs, such as /prefs, /stats, etc?

I guess what I am after is some global lock-out mechanism. I understand the .password file, but that still allows to see quite a lot of details, including the complete music collection (go Custom Playlists). Granted it won't play to unauthenticated users, but ideally the unauthorized visitor would see nothing at all, right?

Any advice gratefully accepted,
Bernd