[Gnump3d-users] Re: truly random track selection

From: Paul
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Re: truly random track selection
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:00:35 +0000

Hi,
(first post here, be gentle with me).

what I want is for gnump3d to send a continuous stream of random tracks
to the client, rather than make a webpage for the client
to choose.

I am running pocketunes on my Palm T3, using bluetooth to receive
streamed audio (woohoo)... http://www.pocket-tunes.com/

However, PTunes is currently a little basic, doesn't offer browsing...
so I have to enter e.g. http://192.168.0.1:8000/somedir/dir2/myfile.mp3
or the URL for a live stream.

Sadly the web browser on T3 doesn't understand how to hand-over other
mime types to other apps, so if I use the web browser and go to
http://192.168.0.1:8000/random/ I can see the random list of tracks but
selecting one doesn't invoke the pTunes player which is a shame.

thanks
Paul