Re: [Gnump3d-users] m4a files?

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] m4a files?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:38:23 +0000

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 06:42:56PM +0100, Walter Werner wrote:

> hmm... these settings are correct. The files are also displayed in the
> same way as all the other audio files. I downloaded one file locally,
> and it played without any problem - it's only the streaming that doesn't
> work.

  Cool.

  Are you sure that your player supports streaming.

> When I click on one individual mp3 file, it gets downloaded into a
> temporary folder & opened in Winamp. Clicking on an m4a file, the
> browser ticks out with 100% cpu usage, not downloading anything.

  Yes .. when you click a .mp3 file it would do that, however if you
 click on a playlist (.m3u) file it will be downloaded to a temporary
 file and played with your MP3 player - this will then read it
 and stream the .mp3 file direct.

> >> 3. Do they appear in playslists if you download one manually?
>
> Nope, see above.

  I think you didn't answer the question - if you go to a directory
 containing these .m4a file and then save the 'all.m3u' playlist
 does that playlist contain the URL to a .m4a file?

Steve