Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:42:57 +0000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:25:50PM -0500, Yoav Avitzour wrote:

> >   Can you try a file which has a name of only ASCII characters?
>
> Yeah, I tried that. No change.

  Strange.

> Are the recurse.m3u files supposed to actually be generated? if yes,
> which is the function that does that? maybe I could try to add some
> debugging output there and see what's going on.

  Yes they are.  Hmmm do you perhaps have "jukebox_mode" set to 1
 somewhere in your configuration file?

  See the code in gnump3d2, which looks like this:

            if ( ( $uri =~ /random.m3u$/ ) or
                 ( $uri =~ /recurse.m3u$/ ) )
            {

                ..

                my $playlist = &getPlaylist( $uri );
                my $header   = &getHTTPHeader( 200, "audio/x-mpegurl" );
                &sendData( $data, $header );

                ..
                .
                }

> Another interesting phenomenon is that although sort_order is defined as
> $TRACK in the conf file, and although the track numbers are displayed
> correctly (that is the variable $TRACK _does_ have the correct value)
> the displayed files are not sorted according to $TRACK. In fact, I can't
> really figure out according to what the files are sorted...

  Make sure that the sort_order isn't being overridden by a setting
 in config.ini in the theme directory for the theme you're using ...

  I've had more problems with sorting than with anything else .. and
 it's such as simple thing to ask for :(

Steve
---