Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:58:45 +0000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 02:51:14PM -0500, Yoav Avitzour wrote:
> >   Can you print $SERVED_SIZE after the send call to see that it's
> >  been incremented?
>
> 4 digit numbers, something else each time, 2231, 2088, 2744.

  This is a count of the data transferred - so with different selections
 or timestamps it would vary.

> >   Where are you testing from?  The same hsot as the server is
> >  running on, or a different one?
> >
> Ok, now things are getting strange. I get the same if I try from a
> remote location or from the server. But, I get different things if when
> I use Epiphany vs. Firefox.

  Interesting.

> With Firefox, I can't do anything. With Epiphany, I can right-click and
> save the recurse.m3u file, and I can even run xmms recurse.m3u and
> stream the files. However, even in Epiphany, I cannot do it directly. If
> I try directly it opens xmms and xmms complains that the file doesn't
> exist.

  I'd look to see if you're setting up the applications properly.  What
 *should* happen is that your browser will download the .m3u file to
 /tmp, or wherever, then pass that file as an argument to the MP3
 player - which then starts requesting the individual files themselves.

  I wonder if the associations are broken, or if theres' something
 strange going on.  For example is the .m3u being deleted before the
 application opens, or similar?

> The other strange thing is that files are sorted correctly in Epiphany,
> but not in Firefox!

  Different cookies, or themes?

Steve