Re: [Gnump3d-users] Handling the random selection options

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Handling the random selection options
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:21:01 +0000

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 12:18:36AM -0500, Stan Mulder wrote:
> Here's my problem. When I select "Random Selection" or "
> <http://192.168.0.1:8888/random>Random Directory" I don't want files
> selected from the lectures directory or audiobooks directory.
> <http://192.168.0.1:8888/random/directory>  How can I achieve this?

  Right now?  You can't.

> Is there an exclude or include option to accomplish what I want? When I
> use the random selection options I want to hear music, not a lecture
> about quarks.

  Sadly not .. there probably should be though.  I guess it's going
 to depend on the number of directories people have that they want
 to exclude - I can imagine some people wanting to miss a lot and
 so there would be too many to list in a configuration file.

  Perhaps we should test for a '.ignore' file in the directories to
 be excluded?

Steve