Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] unable to play playlists
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:16:18 +0000

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 12:33:35AM -0500, Rob Rosenfeld wrote:
> Quoting Steve Kemp:
> > On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 02:04:58PM -0500, Yoav Avitzour wrote:
>
> >>/ Set-Cookie: count=50;path=/; expires=Mon, 10-Mar-08 14:36:42 GMT;/
>
> > Cookies .. which I'll ignore.
>
> So why does gnump3d set all these cookies like artist, album, etc?  Can it
> be configured to not be in path=/?  Or if you ignore them why have em?

  It doesn't set so many cookies as that I hope.

 I  guess making the cookies relative to / is just because it's designed
 to run as a server on its own port, and it handles everything from /
 downwards.

  If you're modifying it to run behind a proxy and be something off an
 Apache server, etc, http:///host.bla/mp3/ then the cookie path is
 something that should be changed.

 I  guess I could make it configurable but I'm loathe to keep adding
 more and more and more configuration options until a significant
 number of users agree that it would be useful.

  I think this is the first time that anybody has mentioned cookie
 proliferation as being an issue.

Steve