Re: [Gnump3d-users] Display (and searching) bug when treating ID3v2 with

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Display (and searching) bug when treating ID3v2 with multiline comments.
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:37:27 +0100

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 05:41:59AM +0200, C. Menge wrote:

> I'm not too sure whether to post it to -users or -devel, but since I'm
> more of a user with little programming skills, I chose here:

  Either is fine.

> I found a bug in file handling when the mp3 file contains a multiline
> comment in an ID3v2 tag.

  Thanks for the report.  I had a similiar report a while ago with
 TABS in tag values.

> I believe the Problem is in the tag.cache file, as multiline comments
> result in multiline entries for a single file. For the given file the
> tag.cache-entry is (without the quotation marks, I had to use them to
> avoid rewrapping by my mail client):

  Indeed.

> It would be great if this could be fixed.

  I belive it has been fixed in the CVS version of 'gnump3d-index'.

  If you download a copy from the following URL and replace your
 current version with it things should work - once you've deleted your
 old cache file:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnump3d/gnump3d/bin/gnump3d-index?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

  (Fixed in revisions 1.19:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnump3d/gnump3d/bin/gnump3d-index.diff?r1=1.18&r2=1.19
)

  If you confirm it as fixed I'll be happy to make a release soon I
 guess.

Steve