Re: [Gnump3d-users] ID3 information from tag.cache.updates not shown

From: Stuffed Crust
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] ID3 information from tag.cache.updates not shown
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:33:32 -0400

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 06:10:18PM +0200, C. Menge wrote:
> Nope. The only entries in tag.cache.update are those of the directories
> I explicitly browsed. Other new directories are properly shown in the
> list - but their content is not accessed (and their information is *not*
> added to ...cache) without the user visiting the single file list of the
> respective directory.

Ah, I get what you're talking about.  No, there's no "automatic"
traversal of directories marked as new, and that is intentional.
Granted, it is technically feasible, but quite a PITA and we're better
off just scheduling a cron job to run the master indexer.

When we re-generate the database, it does a full filesystem traversal.
Otherwise it just adds new things as they are requested to speed things
up at runtime.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy                                   ICQ: 1318344
Melbourne, FL                                    JID: address@hidden