Re: Win-troubles with size.pm (was: Re: [Gnump3d-users] how to find sour

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: Win-troubles with size.pm (was: Re: [Gnump3d-users] how to find source of warnings)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:40:43 +0100

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 01:35:12AM +0200, C. Menge wrote:

> >  I actually find this already contained in the  "gnump3d.conf.win.in"
> >  file - so it seems to be setup already.
>
> Doesn't help.

  No we both made mistakes.

> When exactly is gnump3d.conf.win.in evaluated?

  This is the problem.  "gnump3d.conf.win.in" is *only* used when
 a release tarball is made.  End users should ignore it completely.

  The configuration file for Windows is "gnump3d.conf.win", the other
 file with the ".in" suffix is an input file used to generate that!

  I thought the docs were clear on the .conf.win file being significant
 but obviously not.  (I guess I assumed that people would see the
 code in 'run.bat' which explicitly sets up the input file).

> BTW: In the file gnump3d.conf.win, the definition of index_program is
> disabled with '#' by default, along with the comment that it should
> normally stay untouched.

  Right.  The process of generating this file left some settings
 commented out.  I've updated the code used here "bin/generate-win-conf"
 to avoid this in the futuere.

  I'll also delete etc/gnump3d.conf.win.in in future releases to
 avoid confusion.

  I guess I should revisit some of the comments.  There are two
 definitions of "untouched" used in there:

        1.  This'll be fine on Unix - but not windows.
        2.  This'll be fine generally.

> Hum, this is strange. Is gnump3d.conf.win.in actually ever used?

  Nope.  See above.

Steve