[Gnump3d-users] A few 2.7 Issues

From: koan
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] A few 2.7 Issues
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:18:03 -0500

Hello all,

This is a 2 part email regarding what appears to be a bug and also minor enhancement request

Fist off this is a Slackware 10.2 box / Perl 5.8.7 / GNUMP3d 2.7

Both issues revolve around authentication via password protection.

Issue 1:
-----------

When navigate go to my gnump3d server which is configured for password protection, and purposly fail the login prompt, the child perl process uses ~50% CPU indefinately and spews this repeatedly to the error log:

Use of uninitialized value in length at (eval 26) line 414.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at (eval 26) line 397.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at (eval 26) line 405.

I only allowed it to run for 15 minutes, but it appears to be an infinite loop. Has anyone see anything similar ?

Issue 2:

It seems to me that on a failed login attempt (and I would assume a denied host - although I havn't tested that one) that, as a matter of course, the server should disclose as little information as possible about the service to which access was denied.

Currently upon bad login you are greeted with a fully templated error page that states both the applications name and exact revision.

Would it be possible to add an option for a "sparse" error page on access denied?

Thanks Jesse