Re: [Gnump3d-users] Suggestion: Make it possible to delete filesfrom int

From: Ross Mohn
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Suggestion: Make it possible to delete filesfrom interface
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:26:31 -0500

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 14:20 -0500, Tyler Graves wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I don't agree. File management software?? Gnump3d is file
> management software! It organizes my files and presents that to the user in
> a nice format. In my mind it is lacking the functionality I'm suggesting.
Gnump3d is Not file management software. It is a remote Front End for
listening to your music files. Gnump3d does absolutely Nothing to organize
your files, it merely presents them to you however they are organized on
your file system.

> Why would I want to install yet another piece of software just to delete
> files? This interface was designed to be used remotely and I don't know of
> any other interface that is more suited to cleaning out bad MP3s from a
> collection then the one presenting them to me.
You don't have to install any other software -- rm, del, Windows
Explorer, Nautilus, Konqueror, xfe, etc, are all pretty standard. I'm
not clear on why you would have any "bad MP3s" in the first place???

> Another use for this deletion could be for removing duplicates.
>
> This seems like a natural progression of the project. Like adding files to
> the DB... why should I jump over to FTP to do that when the interface is
> perfectly suiting for this functionality?
Again, Gnump3d is merely an excellent, remote front-end for listening to
your music! You do your file management with file management tools.