[Gnump3d-users] Start streaming at specific byte position of file

From: Yasar Özdemir
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Start streaming at specific byte position of file
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:21:02 +0100

Hi,

Can the Server start streaming at a specific byte- or time-position of the file (and stop streaming at another position) ?

If yes, how can i do this and how should the client (flash player) request this?

Just to paraphrase it: I need the server to send me a requested snippet from a mp3 file. F.e.: the first 10 seconds to listen the beginning, or second 189-195 for listening to a special interesting moment of the track.

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Yasar