[Gnump3d-users] tagbrowse "play" option

From: Andrew McGuinness
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] tagbrowse "play" option
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:43:42 +0000

I feel more comfortable browsing my collection by tag values than by the directory tree, but the "tagbrowse" plugin doesn't allow for playing the tracks that have been browsed - eg. to play one album.

I've added code to do that, but it's not ready for posting here - it's against 2.9.8, not the current CVS, and it involves duplicating a big chunk from gnump3d2 into tagbrowse.pm that ought to be factored out.

Before I fix these issues, can I have feedback on whether this feature is considered worth adding? There is an alternative approach, which is to take advantage of search.pm - i.e., put a link on each album in the /tagbrowse/album output to /search?q=&album=Whatever. A problem with that, which is worth fixing whether it is used for this purpose or not, is that search output is currently not sorted. Sorting is significant either way - one could argue that when playing an album, the tracks should be sorted by track number, regardless of preferences.

Comments?

--
Andrew McGuinness