[Gnump3d-users] Streaming movie files?

From: Rainer Hantsch
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Streaming movie files?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:09:44 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

This weekend I tested 'gnump3d'. Really impressive how it works with mp3
files.

Then I tried to stream video files with it, but they did not start playing
immediately. 'mplayer' on Linux starts immediately, but on Windows nearly
always the file was downloaded first (completely) and then played. Maybe this
also depends on the used file format itself.

Is it possible (has someone tried) to make video streaming working as
expected? (Want to make short videos (PAL, ~3 minutes) available for immediate
play after click.

If someone could give me some hints?

thanks in advance

  Rainer