Re: [Gnump3d-users] How work this mailing list ?

From: kracker
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:40:21 -0600

Try VLC (multi-platform),
http://www.videolan.org/

It worked for me, an it appears to support it https in the docs.
http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch03.html

It also appears that xmms (linux) also supports https
(tested playback, but not actual ssl log files).

I'm not sure of other players offhand either...
Though it seems like something a web page
should exist to document the subject ;)

Though https playback would make more sense if players/clients
supported an authentication layer like challenge response say like
Apache's AuthType Digest (best) or AuthType Basic but *shrugs* that's
a whole other can-o-worms ...

cheers,
//kracker

Weezer - Make Believe - Peace