[Gnump3d-users] m3u problems

From: Michael Rensing
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] m3u problems
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:25:19 -0800

Hi gang, I know this is slightly off-topic, but I'm hoping someone who understands m3u playlists can help. I'm nearly certain I've had this working before, but I stopped using it for a few months, and now can't figure out what's going on. The problem:

I've got gnump3d running without problems for my PC, but on my Pocket PC, the only freeware I've found for listening to m3u files is GSPlayer. I can browse the gnump3 web pages no problem, and when I click on "Play" for a single tune, the mp3 downloads and then plays no problem. However, when I click "Play" for an album, the playlist m3u file doesn't result in in anything playing. The playlist downloads, and the individual songs are correctly listed. However, nothing buffers or plays. There are no errors in the server log, and the same thing works no problem in my players on my PC.

GSPlayer has no problem playing playlists from shoutcast.com.

Now that I think of it, maybe this is why I stopped developing my Pocket theme... However, I'd really like to solve the problem. I'll try to get in touch with the author of GSPlayer, but if anyone can figure out what's going on, I'd really appreciate it. There doesn't appear to be much possibility for support from the GSPlayer end.

Regards,
Michael