Re: [Gnump3d-users] How to restart gnump3d?

From: kracker
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] How to restart gnump3d?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:25:49 -0600

Killing GNUMP3d

Rebooting the entire server is a bit excessive. I tend to kill the
gnump3d pid or use the command: killall gnump3d and then restart
gnump3d.

Starting GNUMP3d

I run two different gnump3d processes/servers. I had specific problems
trying to configure this in a single configuration file ... so I
cooked up another solution.

My Hackney ways

- in /etc/rc.local :

# start gnump3d audio server

sudo -u apache /usr/bin/gnump3d.kracker
sudo -u apache /usr/bin/gnump3d.gnu

- in /usr/bin/gnump3d.music

#!/bin/bash
# start (kracker) gnump3d audio server

MUSIC_DIR=/home/media
SERVER_CONF=/etc/gnump3d/gnump3d_music.conf
SERVER_PORT=8088

gnump3d --config $SERVER_CONF --root $MUSIC_DIR --port $SERVER_PORT &

An init script ...

I guess wish that a distribution non-specific init script was included
in the default package to make this a little simpler for everyone out
of the box.

So I put together one for me  (centos) which works well enough for one
installation/server in an all be it static way. It's attached /
hosted (temporarily) at: http://kracker.org/gnump3d/init.d/gnump3d

I still think that for this to be truly useful out of the box for me /
multiple server configurations; the conf file should support multiple
server's setting in a single configuration structure (instead of
multiple copies of the same conf file)?

I'm sure I'm a little off the wall and missing something that makes
this simpler, but I have yet to see it. But hey, what do you think ?

//kracker
Atmosphere - Smart Went Crazy