Re: [Gnump3d-users] access.log file

From: Stan Mulder
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] access.log file
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 19:32:09 -0400

Marty Huntzberry wrote:
I'd like to be able to view my log file starting with the most recent entries
at the beginning.  Currently the access.log file appends the most recent logs
to the end of the file.  Can I change this?

Not sure if it's changeable. Files are easily appended to. Writing to the top of a file is more disk intensive.

You can do this:

tail -20 /var/log/gnump3d/access.log

That will show that last 20 log entries. I suppose you could run that output through a sorting process and sort on the date.