[Gnump3d-users] Problem of duplicate files solved

From: Marty Huntzberry
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Problem of duplicate files solved
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:03:50 -0400

I have 5 special cds that were released by artists and would appear
twice...once under the artist and once as a special cd.  For example,
one artist is Rebbecca St. James.  She released many cds but then also
released a Christmas cd.  I have a Rebecca St. James category as well
as a Christmas category...so her cd appears twice (I do this with sym.
links).  gnump3d-index will give a warning message about the file being
encountered a second time and will not update the index...though it
works.

Solution-delete the sym. links to the files (using a script makes this
easier). Do an updatedb and then gnump3d-index.  This should not give
any output which indicates no errors.  Then recreate the same sym. links
(using another script makes this easy).

Hope this helps!

Marty