Re: [Gnump3d-users] IP address changing

From: Brandon Kuczenski
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] IP address changing
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:11:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 address@hidden wrote:

I don't like how anybody can see the IP address where my mp3s are coming from. Tor offers web anonymity...can it be used with gnump3d? Perhaps use host_rewrite in gnump3d's setup file?

Marty

If you are providing content over a TCP/IP connection, then the computer at the other end of the connection has to know your IP address. There's no other way for the data to get from one computer to the other.

"Anonymity" means not having to use your real name; the web never promised that you would be untraceable.

-Brandon