[Gnump3d-users] htpasswd question

From: Phil
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] htpasswd question
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:11:07 -0700

Hi,

Up until recently, I'd merrily trotted along with gnump3 on my machine.
 It was passworded via .htpasswd.  Well, I had some problems, an
upgrade, and then found my system slammed by mp3 thieves.  The problem
is that I don't remember how I got the htpasswd to work in the first place.

See, my gentoo server has the mp3s under /home/mp3.  In truth, the mp3
directory is a symlink from /storage/mp3, but this is how it always was.
 I have the following .htaccess in that directory:

AuthUserFile /home/mp3/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Enter your username and password"
AuthType Basic
require valid-user

And I htpasswd -c to make the file.  Permissions are fine and basically
the same setup files work if tweeked a little and put in my public_html/.

So, my question is: what am I missing?

I don't mind any suggestions that would control this from my http.conf
for apache2 as I have complete access.

Thanks!
Phil

BTW/ I am aware of the other restrictive options in the gnump3d.conf,
but they just won't work for me this time.