Re: [Gnump3d-users] Limit Log-File

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Limit Log-File
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:31:01 +0100

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 05:52:54PM +0200, Martin M?ller - Rudolf Hausstein OHG
wrote:

> I own much files, wich are generting error-log-entrys by playing. Is
> there a solution, to limit the size of the logfile? Because its growing
> and growing and growing. Dont want to truncate by the
> truncate_logfile-option, because i want to set the size by lines or by
> filesize in kb or mb.
>
> How does the truncate_logfile-option exactly work?

  Truncate just means that the logfile(s) are truncated when the server
 *starts*.

  If you leave it running for a long time then they will continue to
 grow.  There isn't an easy solution for this short of using an external
 tool such as "logrotate" to manage the logfiles.

Steve