Re: [Gnump3d-users] Test the pre-release?

From: Stuffed Crust
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Test the pre-release?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:18:49 -0400

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 10:17:25PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   I'm torn on what to do with windows support.  I could rip it all out,
>  or leave it untested and unsupported.  Either works for me as I can no
>  longer test it.

My personal view is that it's not worth ripping out until there's a
pressing need to do so.

>   Whether it is the last ever release is a different matter.  Several
>  people have made good patches and fixes and I'm prepared to allow
>  a *group* of volunteers to take it over after this release if they
>  wish to make themselves known.

It's sad to see you move on, but that's part of "personal growth" (or
whatever it's called these days) and to that I say... thank you.  Thank
you for gnump3d, and all of the work you've put into it.

While there probably isn't much to be done towards active development,
maintainence is another matter entirely, and I'll volunteer for that --
at least I'm familiar with the code I'm not responsible for mangling.  :)

>   So .. back to the topic.  Theres a pre-release.  Its available.
>   Testing is good.

I've been using CVS head for a while now, including the pre-release.  It
works for me, but then I can't say I do anything fancy other than having
a massive library..

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy                         pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL                          ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^