Re: [Gnump3d-users] Test the pre-release?

From: Ross Mohn
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Test the pre-release?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:39:00 -0400

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 15:16 +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 02:55:13PM +0100, David Campbell wrote:
>
> > SQLite really is excellent for applications like this. In fact I am
> > struggling to think of an application more suited to SQLite.  I also
> > can't undertand why someone would feel strongly about not using it.  It
> > is fast, portable and functional all without a Daemon of any kind.
>
>   Seconded.
>
>   If there isn't as big an opposition to using it then I might
>  stick around after all.
>
>   Perhaps rename the 3.0 pre-release to 2.9.9 and make a 3.0 codebase
>  from scratch using SQLite + HTML::Template, etc?
>
> Steve

I was one of the people who opposed a DB backend. I would not at this
time be opposed to an SQLite backend. I would definitely welcome the
benefits you listed! One of my issues has been that it is difficult (for
me) to customize the look. Lot's of pieces in different locations that
have to be modified in sync today (I use v2.9.7). So, I'm supportive of
a 3.0 w/ SQLite, HTML::Template, etc. (Although it would be nice to drop
the "mp3" out of the name since it is too specific to one format.)
-RPM