[Gnump3d-users] server difficulties

From: David Earp
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] server difficulties
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:44:08 -0500

I have a Gentoo server and I'm running GNUmp3d 2.98, which is Gentoo Portage's
latest stable version, and I must say I love the application, its great. I've
got 2 little problems though.

First problem has to do with the indexing. It doesn't seem like the server is
fully indexing my full mp3 catalog. My music catalog runs about 100GB in size,
with over 1500 folders. GNUmp3d only appears to be cataloging a tiny portion
of this.

# gnump3d-index  --stats
Total number of songs: 2380
Total size of archive: 19.5Gb (20943342764 bytes)
Total playlength     : 22 days, 7 hours, 6 mins 17 seconds

I've run the debug and I don't see any errors, however I'm not sure exactly
what I'm looking for. Or to be honest, if I'm even running the debug mode
properly.

The second issue, may be related to the first issue. When using Custom
Playlists, the directory structure stops well short of the full listing which
appears available to me by selecting individual folders. When checking the
error log I see the following when using the Custom Playlist option.

Use of implicit split to @_ is deprecated at (eval 26) line 260.
In getDirectories

I'm really hoping someone will be able to help me figure this all out as I'd
hate to have to resort to a lesser program like mp3act.