Re: [Gnump3d-users] Re: blank page as result when accessing the root of

From: Brandon Kuczenski
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Re: blank page as result when accessing the root of gnump3d-server
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 23:27:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 6 May 2007, Markus Drexelius wrote:

Hi!

I am still searching for a solution, so I am trying anything possible...

Markus,

Could you provide your config file? Your last two emails reported two different binding ports (80 and 8888).

What happens when you try to connect to localhost?

-Brandon

One question:

What happens, when I am starting gnump3d? When I start it with the command "gnump3d &" from a root shell, the following is displayed and then nothing happens (I will not come back to the command line):

"
Use of implicit split to @_ is deprecated at /usr/share/perl5/gnump3d/plugins/playlist.pm line 321.
GNUMP3d v2.9.9.1 by Steve Kemp
http://www.gnump3d.org/

GNUMP3d is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions.

For full details please visit the COPYING URL given below:

 Copying details:
   http://localhost:8888/COPYING

 GNUMP3d now serving upon:
   http://localhost:8888/

 GNUMP3d website:
   http://www.gnump3d.org/

Indexing your music collection, this may take some time.

(Run with '--fast' if you do not wish this to occur at startup).

 Indexing complete.
"

Is this ok or is there anything wrong when starting the daemon? With the "&" the daemon should start and I should come back to the command line, isn't?!

Maybe this is in relation with the blank page, that is displayed, when I am accessing the root page?

Thanks,

Markus

Markus Drexelius schrieb:
Hi,

I am running ubuntu 7.04 and I have installed gnump3d for testing.

I have modified it so it listens to port 80.

When I try to access the server from my webbrowser (e.g. http://192.168.1.1), only a blank white page comes back as result. When I enter an URL that doesn't exist (e.g. http://192.168.1.1/xyz) the correct webpage of gnump3d with the default theme is displayed with the error message:

"The requested file /xyz couldn't be found. Please try returning to the index."

When I click to "index" (--> http://192.168.1.1) the blank page is displayed again.

When I click on "Random Selection" for example, my MP3-files are displayed and I can access them...

There is no error in the error log:
Set-Cookie: theme=Tabular;path=/; expires=Mon, 10-Mar-08 14:36:42 GMT;

Header: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Connection: close
Server: GNUMP3d 2.9.9.1
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache
Set-Cookie: theme=Tabular;path=/; expires=Mon, 10-Mar-08 14:36:42 GMT;

Do you have any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks a lot!

Yours,

Markus