[Gnump3d-users] Empty playlist generated

From: dexterous
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Empty playlist generated
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:55:48 -0700 (PDT)

Ver : gnump3d v3.0 [CVS Info: gnump3d2 1.156 (2007/10/16)] on Perl v5.008008

Hello, I recently changed the partition my music archive is located in to
use ACL's.  I have modified the permissions at the top level, recursively
down my archive as such :

     drwxrws--x+ 37 root share 1.2K 2008-10-26 06:59 /srv/storage/main/music

     # file: .
     # owner: root
     # group: share
     user::rwx
     user:gnump3d:r-x
     group::rwx
     group:share:rwx
     group:gnump3d:r-x
     mask::rwx
     other::--x
     default:user::rwx
     default:user:root:rwx
     default:user:gnump3d:r-x
     default:group::rwx
     default:group:share:rwx
     default:group:gnump3d:r-x
     default:mask::rwx
     default:other::--x

gnump3d is running as gnump3d
     gnump3d   5406  0.0  1.0  36992 16020 ?        Ss   14:27   0:00
/usr/bin/perl -w /usr/bin/gnump3d

getent group share
     share:x:110:saturnine,dextrous
getent group gnump3d
     gnump3d:x:1001:gnump3d

saturnine is my wife, dextrous is myself.  These files are accessible via a
samba share so that either my wife and I can manage the music without
bumping into access denied errors as would be the case without acls and
default permissions.

Everytime I try to generate a playlist, strace reveals this error message:
\n\n26767 write(2, "Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or
string at /usr/share/perl5/gnump3d/sorting.pm line 149, <GEN62> line 12.\n",
124) = 124'

However, if I access a single file, it generates a working m3u playlist for
that single file.  If I run a shell as gnump3d, I can stat all the music,
run ls, etc.  If I chmod -R o+r the entire music directory, playlists
generate fine, but I am trying to avoid this.

I am guessing that maybe a thread or something is generated that is not run
as gnump3d or root, is this possible?  Please let me know if I can provide
more information.  Thanks in advance for any help or comments with this. :)