Re: [Gnump3d-users] gnump3d - test pointed two errors

From: indravenik
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] gnump3d - test pointed two errors
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:15:24 +0530

Thankyou. I tried resolving that error during 'make test'. But what about my other doubts regarding this application. could you please provide me answers for the below.

2. After placing the files at the directory mentioned in the conf file, and
then accessed using http://localhost:8888 and was able to see the home page of
my streaming server. Well, I was even able to play the videos through browser.
But the problem here is, when I am trying to access my server from a client
machine (windows client, using internet explorer and mozilla firefox) I am
seeing that Videos are downloaded to the local machine and then played. [Note:
In my conf file, I have always_stream = 1]. In some windows machines, the file
is downloaded completely, but its not played, even though the file format
support is available to the player.

3. I want to know, whats the stability of this streaming server, can I use it
for large content streaming ?

4. And exactly what are the file formats that are supported by the gnump3d
server.

regards
indraveni

Mordbrann wrote:
        you can always add other repositories to
your /etc/apt/sources.list then do something like apt-get install
gnump3d/testing (or whichever branch it may be in) to install it.
other than that I'm afraid I don't have any other good advice :\

You wrote:

Thankyou for the reply.

I dint find a debian binary for the gnump3d package, its available in etch
but not in lenny. I am using the lenny version, thus I started up with the
source package.

any other solution please.