Re: [Gnump3d-users] Re: Is This Normal Streaming Behavior?

From: Jim Lucas
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Re: Is This Normal Streaming Behavior?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:47:35 -0700

Bryan Moore wrote:
> Having a little problem I hope is easy to solve. Although I've changed
> *nothing*, my gnump3d server won't let me play anything suddenly. I *can*
> log-on to my server (192.168.1.3:5190) and browse all my media, but when I
> try to play *anything* vlc and mplayer both report there is not such file.
>
> Using gnump3d 3.0 on imac g4 flowerpot running debian squeeze and xfce.
>
> Thanks, in-advance, for any help.

Sounds like it is a either a file system permissions issue or that a
firewall is blocking application(s) or access to the port that you have
GnuMP3d running on.

Verify that all the files AND directories are readable/browsable by the
user that GnuMP3d is running as.

Verify that the server/service is running on the port you expect it to
be on using netstat.

Verify that you can connect to the port with telnet from a remote machine.

If you have a firewall (FW)
        Verify that your FW is not blocking your application(s)
        Verify that your FW is not blocking any of the ports for GnuMP3d

If all the above are correct, then I'm out of ideas

Jim