Re: [Gnump3d-users] server is adding www. .com to local server name

From: Brandon Kuczenski
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] server is adding www. .com to local server name
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:12:32 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Bruce McArdle wrote:

I was running gnump3d 2.9.7 for a few years w/ no problem.  Now I have a
strange problem I can't track down.

If I access the server locally http://localname:8888, the page comes up
correctly after a few seconds and then the
browser almost immediately jumps to an error page:

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.localname.com.

I upgraded to 3.0, w/ same problem.
Multiple computers show this.  If I'm really fast, I can click on an album and
the .m3u plays ok.

I did move to a different house, and had to reconfigure server addresses and
upgraded the browser versions so
something might have gotten mucked up there.  But I never changed anything in
gnump3d.

It sounds like a nameserver configuration issue to me. Did you change gateways/routers? If you run 'host localname' or equivalent, does the proper address come back?

regards
-brandon