Re: [GNUnet-developers] Network size issues

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Network size issues
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 18:25:41 +0200

Hi!

Thanks for the head's up. That was a double whammy: I failed to set the
hostlist daemon's port correctly, that's why the hostlist was down.

At the same time, given that we lost /home, we lost the original private
key of the hard-coded bootstrap peer, which was the 2nd strategy for
bootstrapping.

Without either of those, any peer that got disconnected (or freshly
started) wouldn't be able to connect to the network at all anymore.

i suspect your singular 'tum.de' connection didn't even go properly up,
it was just the peer trying to talk to the peer that no longer existed
(and talking to the new peer, failing to connect, disconnecting,
reconnecting, etc.).

Anyway, I've fixed the hostlist now, the next release will contain the
new public key of the sam peer, and hopefully a 2nd hard-coded bootstrap
peer as well.

Thanks for the heads-up!

-Christian