Scheduling of upcoming meetings: We need to talk

From: bastianschmidt
Subject: Scheduling of upcoming meetings: We need to talk
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:53:18 -0000

Dear all,

today over night when my sleeping mind turned to scheduling the upcoming,
GNUnet Monthly Meeting, I've realized: 'It's that time of the year again -
GNUnet December Meeting/GNUnet e.V. General Assembly 2023 (online?),
January Break/GNUnet February Meeting as 1st GNUnet Monthly Meeting of the
year.'

Well, but this time events fall weird over the days:
Normally, the next GNUnet Monthly Meeting will be next year, on Sunday,
7th January, 8 PM Paris/Berlin/Rome. So, if that meeting is used as GNUnet
e.V. General Assembly 2023 (online?), that event wouldn't even take place
this year, anymore, which maybe shouldn't be for formal reasons?
2./2 collisions is, that said date would fall into the January break - but
very late. The point of the January break is to stretch events out over
the years: Christmas, New Years's Eve, New Year's Day, and than directly
appended the next GNUnet Meeting? That's to clustered, too much all at
once. But this point in time raises the question: 'Does that still
applies, when the next GNUnet Monthly Meeting falls very late, on January
7th - instead of, let's say, January 2nd, or 4th?'
So, let's clarify: How are we dealing with this?
• Will the upcoming GNUnet Monthly Meeting take place regularly on January
7th, or does our January Break convention apply, postponing this meeting
on February?
• Will the upcoming GNUnet Monthly Meeting be used as GNUnet e.V. General
Assembly 2023? Yes or no?
• If 'no' is the answer to last question: When will the GNUnet e.V.
General Assembly 2023 take place?
• Where will the GNUnet e.V. General Assembly 2023 take place - offline,
maybe the 37th Chaos Communication Congress '37C3: Unlocked',
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2023/infos/startpage.html , or online,
continuing recent practice established by COVID19 challenge?

2 Reminders regarding GNUnet e.V. General Assembly 2023:
@ GNUnet e.V. members:
The statute allows members of GNUnet e.V. to send the board of directors
proposals to the agenda up until 2 weeks before the General
Assembly—https://git.gnunet.org/gnunet-ev.git/tree/satzung.tex#n185 .
So, it's a good idea to already start working on it.

@ board of directors:
According to the statute the call-up to the General Assembly will be sent
electronically by the board of directors to all members of GNUnet e.V. 1
week before the General
Assembly—https://git.gnunet.org/gnunet-ev.git/tree/satzung.tex#n189

Cheers,
Bastian Schmidt