Re: GSoC 2024: gnunet-gtk gtk4 upgrade

From: LRN
Subject: Re: GSoC 2024: gnunet-gtk gtk4 upgrade
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 18:32:41 +0300

On 28.02.2024 3:20, Jacki wrote:

But I assume it's also possible to use Cambalache already. Most
important functionality should work.

It's also possible to write UI files by hand instead of using Glade.

On Tue, 2024-02-27 at 20:58 +0100, Christian Grothoff wrote:
Let me just say this: using a RAD tool like Glade is just the only
logical thing, it is 1000% more productive for UX development then
doing
the building of Gtk objects by hand. So for the sake of sanity,
please
use *some* RAD tool. Besides, AFAIK GtkBuilder isn't deprecated, just
Glade itself is being rewritten/replaced.  We used Glade for quite a
while despite it being WIP/in beta, with GNOME's reluctance to
declare
something stable I'm not sure a WIP RAD tool is inherently a bad
idea.
But I *am* sure that doing gtk_box_add() by hand is the road to
insanity.  So I would very strongly recommend using Cambalance ---
and
to use the opportunity to clean up the GUIs ;-).