gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd with ntrip

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd with ntrip
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:21:33 -0800

Yo Ralph!

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 10:32:35 +0100
Ralph Nemitz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry, your answer did'nt help me much.

I'm trying, for things like how to compase a URL best to just google that.

And for me to undertand your situation you need to tell us about it:

What GPS model?
Binary or NMEA?
What gpsd version?
What ntrip feed?
Is the ntrip feed local?

> When I do call gpsd the following way:
>
> gpsd -D 4 -n -N /dev/ttyO3 /dev/pps0 -G
> ntrip://user:address@hidden:2101/VRS_3_2G_SN
>
> whereat "VRS_3_2G_SN" ist the mountpoint for the NTRIP caster in
> saxonia Germany

How close is that to you?

> I get the following output when I take the gps data from the shared
> memory with my own program:

Not useful without before and after dumps to compare.

> My program delivers then lat, long, alt and some other data, but I
> don't know how to recognise from the debug output whether lat, long
> and alt are recalculated by the data from the NTRIP caster.

No way to know.  GPS report that unreliably, and since that is obsolete
tech, except for short baseline, no verndor cares to fix it.

> Is there
> a parameter in the debug output data which tells me the data from the
> NTRIP caster were taken into account or not?

Depends on your GPS model/version, your gpsd version, and how your
GPS is setup (binary/NMEA, etc.).

But most likely, the only indication you will see is improved error
estimates.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588