gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to acc

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to access gpsd
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 14:50:32 -0700

Yo Bernd!

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 23:37:11 +0200
Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 9/19/19 6:22 PM, Lisandro Dami__n Nicanor P__rez Meyer wrote:
> >> Modulo a bunch of CVE...
> >
> > No.
> >
> > https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/g/gpsd/gpsd_3.17-7_changelog
> >
> > The maintainer is diligent wrt those.
> >

> thanks Lisandro.
>
> And distributions in general are not as stupid as Gary likes to think.

I would prefer people not put words in my mouth.  Especially ones that
misrepresent my opinions.

> The only reason why we still have an old gpsd in buster is the messed
> up release with the undocumented soname bump and api/abi change...

The documentation omission was promptly fixed when brought to our
attention.  And EVERY release of gpsd for a long time has had an soname
bump.

Another gpsd release is coming, in probably a month, so ask your
questions now.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588