gpsd-users

Re: Compiling only specific drivers

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Compiling only specific drivers
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 17:00:57 -0800

Yo raaj!

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 08:45:40 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Are there any ways to make my gpsd lightweight during compilation?

Yes, but discouraged.  My gpsd with all options on is only 891kB.
The same size as my bash.

And you should always optimize last, not first.  You can't even get gpsd
to run for you.  If you optimize now, you can't test your optimizations.
So a trap door to pain.

> only need to build gpsd with a few specific drivers only for example

Did you bother to look at the output of "scons -h" for your build options?

> I want to build gpsd with ublox and garmin only. Are there any ways
> to do it during compilation time? I don't want to modify the
> sconstruct file.

"scons -h" has your answers, but get plain valilla to work first.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588