gpsd-users

Re: my total miserable failed experiment with PPP and rtklib

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: my total miserable failed experiment with PPP and rtklib
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 11:44:34 -0700

Yo Hans!

On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 20:29:32 +0200
Hans Mayer <gpsd@ma.yer.at> wrote:

> > Missing from your discussion was a mention of datum.   GPS itself
> > will give positions in WGS84(G2139) at least this week.  But as
> > soon as you use SBAS you get positions in the SBAS reference frame.
> >  If you are in .at, vs just using a .at email address, that is
> > likly EGNOS and thus probably some ITRF2008 or ITRF2014 -- but do
> > look it up and tell us.
>
> This I have to verify. But SBAS was switched on.

SBAS, for older GPS, just makes startup faster.  It adds no accuracy.
It also has some air traffic functions.

> Are there recommended online tools to recalculate from WGS84 date ?

Look at geographiclib.  More conversions than you can ever deal with.

https://geographiclib.sourceforge.io/

> >    is it a geodetic-grade antenna
>
> no idea.

The u-blox one is not.

> As antenna I use the recommended multi-band active gnss antenna
> HAB-ANN-MB-00-00 with SMA Connector from ublox.…

I have one, and tested it.  Mediocre.  Put a 40mm circular ground plane
under it and it will perform slightly bettter.

> I used this ntrip streams
>
> https://igs.bkg.bund.de/ntrip/streams

That is a collection of streams.  Which stream?  How close is it?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588