gpsd-users

Re: How to use GPSD to perform read and write operations simultaneously

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: How to use GPSD to perform read and write operations simultaneously on one serial port
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 13:06:20 -0700

Yo Greg!

On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 15:50:34 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com> wrote:

> "Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:
>
> > What receiver takes them?  Where would they come from, if
> > not NTRIP?
>
> I am not really clear, but my impression is that they are used in
> wide-area broadcast correction services, rather than in providing data
> about a specific nearby reference.

I'm reading the spec.  I agree, real time corrections to the ephemeris
parameters.  Regional stuff, instead of local (RTK) or global (PPP).

I'm adding a partial decode right now.  A samle would be good.

> This is a little marketing-speak, but:
>
> https://www.septentrio.com/en/learn-more/insights/gnss-corrections-demystified

Interesting.  Serpentrio seems to be a comer. Thanks!

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588