grammatica-users

[Grammatica-users] Question about tokens

From: Anant Mistry
Subject: [Grammatica-users] Question about tokens
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:20:20 -0700

Hopefully, this question is not going to be a stupid as the last one I posted :)

In my grammar definition I want to represent a part of a doc number that could be a sequence of the same letter (only A-Z),  but not more than three.

e.g.  A or AA or AAA or B or BB or BBB

So I have a token defined for every letter and then built a grammar  like

a = "A"
b = "B"
c = "C"
etc.

reference = a [a[a]] | b[b[b]] | c[c[c]] | .... etc.

There are other places I want to use the token

aLetter = <<[A-Z]>>

Obviously, the two conflict. Is there a way I can define the requirement for multiples of the same letter just using a production of the aLetter token?

Thanks

Anant

--
Anant Mistry
Director of Infrastructure Technology

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail may be
confidential
and / or privileged. This e-mail is intended to be reviewed by only the
individual or organization named in the e-mail address. If you are not
the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination
or copying of this e-mail and attachments, if any, or the information
contained herein, is strictly prohibited.