Re: [Groff] Re: Off peak/low load compiles?

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Off peak/low load compiles?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 02:46:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> I agree.  Currently I believe it is easier to create the web pages on
> your home computer, then copying it to genba.  You could even automate
> this procedure with a cron script -- BTW, do we have mirroring
> software on genba?  This might be a nice idea for things Eddie want to

I intend to follow this plan later. I have several things to study up on.
Getting the above in motion is going to take a bit. Today, for example, I
spent getting my second hand 486 running. Flaky video card, fussy/buggy
Linux distros, all that. Just got Mandrake 6.1 installed. (Seems the 2.0
kernel chokes on the SCSI card, so Debian 2.1 stalls. The Debian potato
floppies work, yeah!) Now the configs...Then my LAN.  Never done one
before. And next week my DSL arrives. More fussin'. Debian potato beta
testing has started now, too. I usually help some.  So, gcc stuff is in
the mix, but not floating on top.  A few weeks, maybe.

I'm content right now to study what HTML features are in groff-current and
try some out. Post a baby beta web page. A small start. Then ask for your
previous HTML, if any, for the web site. Convert that. Etc.

I can grab a binary .tar.gz, unpack, press "go". Whether on my home
machine or ffii.org. Ncftp will move things for me for now. Or mc.
Later, rsync, wget....? Gotta study those, too.

Werner: just got your message. Comments are above.

Eddie Maddox
address@hidden