Re: [Groff] .TC in the groff mm macros

From: Pragnesh Sampat
Subject: Re: [Groff] .TC in the groff mm macros
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:22:16 -0400

> Sorry I didn't have used the mm macros, but have looked at the manpage
> and the code. From what I read there the two passes only used for
> cross-references and not for reordering the table of content pages.
>
> Dose taking the table of content pages from the end of the printout and
> insert it after the cover page not working for you? Or do you imposition
> for printing on better devices than a Hp-Laserjet (i.e. a Linotronic :-)?
> If the later, you will have PostScript output, where you can use pstools
> to reorder the pages, but that require a separate page numbering of the
> front matter (Table of Content).

Thanks for your response.

Yes, when I print it, I put the TOC in the right place.  But this file will be
used by others internally, converted to pdf etc., so it would be nice if I
don't have to tell people that they should remember to take the TOC from back
and put it in the right place.

I will look around some more and try to find your reference.

Thanks,

-Pragnesh