Re: [Groff] groff v1.16.1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff v1.16.1
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:05:08 +0100 (CET)

> my main interest, though, in v1.16 is the html output capability. i
> compiled the pic documentation into html. the text part is fine but
> the pictures seem to be having a problem. every picture is displaced
> upward relative to its png window. as a result some of the pictures
> are not visible at all (the png window is completely blank) and
> others only partly (the lower part of the png window is blank). the
> same is true of equations, which i tried from another document.

Unfortunately, HTML support is not really working yet.  Gaius Mulley,
the author of grohtml, is switching to a new, improved implementation.
As all volunteer work, it heavily depends on the time available as
spare time.  And it seems that Gaius is not able to work on
improvements currently.  Sorry.

    Werner