Re: [Groff] another groff/troff compatibility question

From: Andrew Koenig
Subject: Re: [Groff] another groff/troff compatibility question
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

>> I do indeed mean that they are special characters.

Larry> I just checked the Plan 9 troff manual, and they're not even listed
Larry> there, so it seems they're stealth additions. :-)

I am fairly sure that they predate Plan 9, but that doesn't mean
that Plan 9 troff has them.

Larry> In the meantime, I think you can do something like:

Larry>  .if ! \w'\(``' .tr \(``\(lq\(''\(rq

Interesting idea.  I will give it a try.